POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CGSphere WIP: NGC 5128 : Re: CGSphere WIP: NGC 5128 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CGSphere WIP: NGC 5128
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 21 Nov 2013 19:35:00
Message: <web.528ea61f78e38746306548240@news.povray.org>
> Looks like the CGSphere wave is just rolling across the POV-Ray
> community :-D

Well, when Sam Benge submitted his multi-layered response to Shay's CSG
challenge, I thought, "That looks mighty spherical," so I finally got around to
joining the project.  My post in p.b.i may have reminded POVers that CGSphere
exists.

I discovered that, by coincidence, Jerome had submitted 3 images to CGSphere
just before I did, but he never posted them here.

> Folks, if you happen to be using UberPOV, ...

well, that's an accepted risk when you go into the high tech business.  :-P
(N.B. RC3Metal is one of my submissions to the Object Collection.)

> ...I suggest to follow
> Fractracer's example and file your CGSphere submissions as rendered with
> "POV-Ray". Consider it a family name.

I wouldn't think of doing otherwise.

On that note, all POV-Ray images prior to Jerome's were apparently submitted
before POV-Ray existed as a category, so if you want to see what other POVers
have done in the past, you'll have to choose "Other" under "Browse by Software."

About 5 years ago, Bill Pragnell experimented with modifying the grid plane,
which is contrary to all 6 Rules, but not well enforced.  This experiment does
not appear to be manifested in the gallery.