POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ariadne's Garden : Re: Ariadne's Garden Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ariadne's Garden
From: MichaelJF
Date: 21 Nov 2013 19:00:00
Message: <web.528e9dd94a6f448a3f58a82f0@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> "MichaelJF" <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> > I know that this image is not really liked by all here than by me but
> > here it is: Ariadne's Garden.
>
> If somebody doesn't like it, that's their problem.

Thank you for this comment. It is absolutely true. Due to my results within
TC-RTC I hesitated a while to publish this scene here. There is one member who
gives very low votes to images he dislikes and sometimes I'm a little bit
thin-skinned - and sometimes I get a temper. But I'm only a common member of the
(biological) family of hominidae (I learned recently that humans are now
considered part of this family and not considered a family of their own due to
genetic analysis).

> If the statues are supposed to be bronze, they should be a lot darker, although
> darker statues would be a lot harder to fit into the composition.

For your comment about bronze: Yes it can be darker, but must not. I looked at
various photographs and saw very different brightnesses. A part of this
differences may be explained by different ligthings but I assume another part is
due to the different ratio of copper and tin.

Best regards,
Michael