POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ariadne's Garden : Re: Ariadne's Garden Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ariadne's Garden
From: MichaelJF
Date: 21 Nov 2013 05:20:00
Message: <web.528ddd5f4a6f448a3f58a82f0@news.povray.org>
Thank you both for your comments. I'm not quiet sure if I will revisit the scene
very soon, mainly due to the long rendering time. But your comments are valuable
hints for future scenes.

Indeed the lighting is a main problem here. Since it should be at night I cannot
have to much light in the scene. May be that is why Tim mistook the bronze for
stone. If I revisit the scene some day I will place some additional lanterns
behind the camera at least. In the image above there are 14 dim lanterns placed
around the green. The only other light sources are the emissive media within the
building.

As for the wine bottle, I refer to my original comment at the contest:
http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/imagenewdisplay/stills/index446.html

And as ever Christoph is right completely. The camera was not adjusted
correctly. I ever thought there is something odd but overlooked the obvious.

Best regards,
Michael