POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Question about radiosity : Question about radiosity Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Question about radiosity
From: MichaelJF
Date: 20 Nov 2013 15:50:01
Message: <web.528d1fed6bc85a0ba8a8fb540@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

radiosity is still a thing I have not really investigated so far, so I rely on
the settings in rad_def.inc very often. So this one is done with OutdoorLQ,
media and normals turned on. I started the scene with Robert's Catenoid image
from the minimalism round of the irtc. He was so kind to share his code back
then, and I really thank him for this. In the end only his area light remained
within my scene (dimmed a little bit). The wall is an isosurface, the snail a
mixture of a blob and a mesh (taken from my first TC-RTC entry) and the lantern
completely done with CSG and one of the first models I created using POV. The
candle light is an emissive media (a little bit to bright here IMO). The surface
of the glass parts of the lantern has a designed structure as you can see and
(at the flat parts) bumpy normals. Can this explain the distant green spots at
the wall? I'm not sure that I have a failure with the radiosity settings.
Unfortunatelly this "simple" scene renders a while (In fact 2 days and some 30
minutes).

And to notice: The original lantern was a very cheap one. Nice to the eye in a
way, but there were holes between it's parts I modelled too by intention.

BTW: My wife has taken it as a photography of her little garden lantern, so it
seems, I did not all wrong;-)

Best regards,
Michael