POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The CGSphere: An Alien Embryo : The CGSphere: An Alien Embryo Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  The CGSphere: An Alien Embryo
From: Pekka Aho
Date: 18 Nov 2013 14:55:01
Message: <web.528a7008a98963cb6d4f68260@news.povray.org>
Greetings again,

For some time already I've been having in mind to post a submission of my own to
the CGSphere as well when I'd just got the time for some more proper rendering.
I then took my latest Alien Life Form and adjusted it to fit to the Sphere
Project template with the following result:

http://www.cgsphere.com/gallery/details/?submission_id=2985

I spent several nights in trying and figuring out the radiosity etc. values to
finally get what I liked. The total render time of this latest scene was 1d 09h
46m 36s.

The Embryo itself is modelled in TopMod 2.3, the .obj to .pov conversion is made
in Poseray v.3.13.16 beta and the refracting sphere and final scene are made and
rendered naturally in the latest POV 3.7. =)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cgspherembryo.png' (416 KB)

Preview of image 'cgspherembryo.png'