POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TC Legends Round TillXao : Re: TC Legends Round TillXao Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:13:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TC Legends Round TillXao
From: MichaelJF
Date: 17 Nov 2013 11:50:00
Message: <web.5288f38487c193655ec69bb90@news.povray.org>
> Am 15.11.2013 19:44, schrieb MichaelJF:
>
> > Sorry to have annoyed you with this image.
> > Bye,
> > Michael
>
> Well, that's what Eulenspiegel did, didn't he?

Ah, yes. Eulenspiegel did this. As ever a very fascinating aspect of rendering
is, that one learns about topics one would not have noticed otherwise. In this
case I bought a copy of the middle high German version translated into modern
German of the original Eulenspiegel from the early 16th century. A cheap paper
back, so I could afford it. So far I did not bought the version of Charles de
Coster, who put the story to Flanders. I only read a part of it online. From the
first chapters I gained the impression that de Coster's version is very softend
and supplemented of the original version, attributed to a certain Herman Bote,
but even this is not sure. So Till is a legend. The original Till Eulenspiegel
plays very rough practical jokes. There are 96 original stories (called
histories there) and in more than 20 of them he uses his shit to annoy people -
in one of them he eats his own wastes. The medieval people seems to have a more
relaxed perception of this than we have nowadays...

But my picture will be an abstract one. I know that abstract and surrealistic
images have a problem within a community focused at photorealism. But one can
craft a lot of more images beyond the photorealism limit with POV. And I will do
so again and again. Here is an update.

Best regards,
Michael

Post a reply to this message