POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TC Legends Round TillXao : TC Legends Round TillXao Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:24:43 EDT (-0400)
  TC Legends Round TillXao
From: MichaelJF
Date: 12 Nov 2013 15:45:01
Message: <web.5282926515760c7be2c217d30@news.povray.org>
Since it is better to speak about pictures then to nitpick about version
numbers, here is a very first WIP of my intended entry to the next TC-Round
"Legends". I had to look at an image of Willi Baumeister at the staircase of my
former office every day for more than three years. It was one of his "Bluxao"
series (since it is still copyrighted now I can only refer to the Wikipedia.
There is an other image from this series depicted - look under "Willi
Baumeister"). I ever wondered what he wanted to depict. Then I saw a jester
(Till Eulenspiegel in my eyes) within a tv-set, his jesters cap protruding from
the tv.

This is only a very first WIP. I will change the one or other thing (better
buoys, a better support structure, some textures, the cloud, bells to the cap
and so on) but you can get a first impression from this. Please nitpick about
it, it will be very welcome.

And as it seems, it is the first picture posted here, using the new POV 3.7.0.
May the picture is strange, but I used the new options of the Windows editor
heavily (especially the additions to the insert menu). Many thanks for this and
I hope you can forgive me my first critism about it.

And no, the screenshot is not a photograph of myself, it is a grayscale
rendering of Poser's James, tweaked a bit in the face room.

And for the non German speakers: "Eule" means owl and "Spiegel" mirror...

Best regards,
Michael

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: