POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Passing ini file on command line : Passing ini file on command line Server Time
3 May 2024 23:01:27 EDT (-0400)
  Passing ini file on command line
From: Eldritch Cheese
Date: 5 Nov 2013 18:35:00
Message: <web.52797f98d0ec72a5af7447680@news.povray.org>
I am using Ubuntu 12.04.3.  I can compile PoV-Ray 3.7.0.RC7 successfully, and
can render scenes.  However, I have been having trouble with using INI
configuration files.

If I use the command "povray scene.pov", the scene compiles.  However, if I use
the command "povray scene.ini", where scene.ini contains the single line
"Input_File_Name=scene.pov", I receive the following error message.

Problem with option setting
povray astroid.ini
Failed to parse command-line option

As far as I can tell from the documentation, this is the correct way to pass in
an INI file, but this and any variation on it fail.  What should I do to use INI
files for configuration?