POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watching the watcher : Re: Watching the watcher Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:25:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watching the watcher
From: Stephen
Date: 30 Oct 2013 04:00:02
Message: <web.5270bc19ea16501b7d8c6e9c0@news.povray.org>
> On 29/10/2013 09:15 AM, scott wrote:
> >> I tried many, many times to make fudge - I LOVE FUDGE! - but it just
> >> doesn't work. :-(
> >
> > I've never tried, but AIUI the critical part with fudge (and most
> > sugar-based stuff) is to get the mixture to exactly the right

> > something different.
>
> Hence the sugar thermometer, which exists for this exact reason. I still
> can't get it to work though...

fudge at home for a long time. The water drop test is adequate.

A possible cause is that when the recipe says beat the fudge, it means, set
about it with a will and a wooden spoon, :-) until it is the right consistency.
You need to use quite a bit of elbow grease. (Be careful not to drip into your
fudge. ;-) )
Another thing, it is generally better on the second day.