POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Garden : Re: Garden Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:27:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Garden
From: s day
Date: 13 Oct 2013 16:45:01
Message: <web.525b0540194830be75c96dee0@news.povray.org>
> On 10/12/2013 12:55 PM, s.day wrote:
> > My first real SSLT scene, took about 3 days to render.
> >
> Agree, the snow itself aside from the grid lines looks really good as
> well as the brick & walking stone textures. On seeing the image it did
> hit me as a little odd there was not a little snow still on the flat
> rock slabs given the ground distribution of snow is relatively even -
> from a gentle snow fall.
> Bill P.

Hi Bill,

Yes, I think the grid lines are a result of me using a crackle texture in the
snow, it has a fairly high turbulence .25 so I would have thought that would
remove the lines but am guessing that is the reason (if not I am stumped).

Ahh, I brushed the snow off of the wall but was too lazy to clean up the snow on
the ground (or was it I was too lazy to model the snow on the wall...) Of course
I think you are correct here and I will add that to my final tweaks of this
image before a final render.

Sean