POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bad weather in Gancaloon [wip 1] : Re: Bad weather in Gancaloon [wip 1] Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:13:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad weather in Gancaloon [wip 1]
From: s day
Date: 4 Oct 2013 01:35:03
Message: <web.524e536e560315d7b9f02fc70@news.povray.org>
> That the weather in Gancaloon is not always warm and sunny is proven by
> this first wip.
>
> I used Jaime's rain macro of course. Thanks Jaime! The foreground now
> needs the wet look and the rain splashes expected there. And some
> figures of course. Lightning in the distance too.
>
> I got my inspiration from this art for Game of Thrones:
> http://aidanmoher.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/GOT_dothrak.jpeg
>
> Thomas

A great start, the atmosphere looks good but as you say more detail needed in
the foreground.

Not sure what impact it would have if changed but to me there seems to be
something odd in the rain drops. I would expect them all to be falling in the
same direction (or very nearly the same one) there seem to be a few random drops
that are doing their own thing. (mostly in the bottom right of the image). I
have not looked at Jaimes macro so do not know if this can be changed easily,
still they do look pretty good though.

It would be good if you could see the stream in the foreground a bit more (I
cannot think of a better use for a high frequency ripples normal). If you have
one already it does not show up due to the fog/atmosphere.

Look forward to seeing future versions of this scene.

Sean