POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet another df3-Ghost : Re: Yet another df3-Ghost Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another df3-Ghost
From: MichaelJF
Date: 3 Oct 2013 08:55:00
Message: <web.524d684d353b3dba52743a840@news.povray.org>
This is the last version of this exercise. The main issue with Poser- or
MakeHuman-models in this case is to ensure that there are no holes. That means
first, that after filling the holes with MeshLab e.g., better close MeshLab and
start it again with the resulting mesh to ensure that there is really no hole
left. I experienced twice that MeshLab stated to have closed all holes, but
found strange artifacts in the image, and yes, after reloading, a new hole
popped up (seems one has to use the "trivial" option for closing holes with
MeshLab). Second before running the mesh through PoseRay assure that there is
only one material, may be by loading the mesh in Wings, give all faces the same
material and then pass it to PoseRay (most likely PoseRay can do this, but I'm
to stupid to understand the settings within the material tab). It is paramount
that finally there is only one mesh and not a union of meshes. Otherwise Gilles
Tran's makecloud-algorithm will produce very strange noise artifacts.

Other changes: more, smaller and brighter sparkles and the fire is df3 too. And
some df3 clouds, just for the fun of it. Done with the original makecloud-macro
of course.

Best regards,
Michael

Post a reply to this message