POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : df3 strangeness : Re: df3 strangeness Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:14:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: df3 strangeness
From: MichaelJF
Date: 29 Sep 2013 12:05:02
Message: <web.52484eec6cde29e79e9562260@news.povray.org>
> On 28-9-2013 17:23, MichaelJF wrote:
> > I can only guess your problem, but I think you are missing some structure (e.g.
> > the ribs) here.
>
> To answer to this particular point: Increasing the samples in the media
> does the trick. I need at least 200 to get it right.
>
> Thomas

Thanks for the hint, sometimes one overlooks the obvious. I just made a notice
to rerender my "Eruption" image with higher samples next days. I had only 100
there but df3-files with 1024^3 voxels (some 1 GByte each) and in certain areas
where I know that there is density nothing appeared.

Best regards,
Michael