POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : software generated POV scripts : Re: software generated POV scripts Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:28:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: software generated POV scripts
From: LanuHum
Date: 28 Sep 2013 08:05:00
Message: <web.5246c48e8f949f557a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
> On 28-9-2013 11:33, LanuHum wrote:
> >
> > I draw conclusions (My opinion proceeds)(I come to an assessment):
> > 1 . There are no questions
> > 2 . There are no offers (wishes)
> > 3 . There are no estimates
>
> Depends on how many - real - Blender users there are here. They are not
> so many I believe, but people may still be interested in the developments.
>
> Personally, I am marginally interested as I am not a Blender user (yet)
> and I can do all I want to do with Silo2Pro without Blender's steep
> learning curve. Admittedly, the GUI has been improved and made more
> comprehensive but still.
>
> Thomas

Blender have internal render and Cycles
Blender have exporters to Lux-render, V-Ray, Yafaray, Mitsuba...
Blender users: povray only if it surprises them with opportunities inaccessible
to other renderer will be interesting.

I can't write at the same time the exporter and create award for surprise

Official version exporter:
1. Blender
2. Povray
In my unofficial version:
1. Povray
2. Blender

If you professional and have professional software - this is one.
If you no professional and no reason have professional software(money-money) -
this is another.

But, it isn't enough users. :(

After completion of work on the exporter, probably, I will create some
animations which you won't create in the favourite program even in 10 years
I have experience in Autodesk Maya, but I no professional, no reason it use,
Especially as the use Python in Blender allows users not to lag behind from Maya
Blender can help new users of POV-Ray :)