POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet another df3-Ghost : Re: Yet another df3-Ghost Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another df3-Ghost
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 26 Sep 2013 07:00:02
Message: <web.52441265353b3dba5b7d07940@news.povray.org>
Seeing the transparency in your ghost reminds me of what I did that I forgot
about. After many dissatisfying tests I eventually made my ghost opaque, using
the media shell to provide glowing edges. Although this wasn't the effect I
originally set out to produce (I was thinking of the classic movie effects that
we see in, e.g. Ghostbusters), it worked ok in my image because there wasn't
much scenery behind the ghost.

I remember having trouble with the eyes, too :/

Having also seen Thomas' tests with the head mesh, perhaps a better (if
time-consuming) technique would be to use dense, dark media for an inner mesh,
with brighter media in the shell to provide the edges...