POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet another df3-Ghost : Yet another df3-Ghost Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:44:24 EDT (-0400)
  Yet another df3-Ghost
From: MichaelJF
Date: 26 Sep 2013 02:40:01
Message: <web.5243d5c9b8a21b1ba616448f0@news.povray.org>
This is more a proof of concept than a serious image. I came up with the idea to
combine the eggshell-ghost-idea by Bill Pragnell with the makecloud-macro by
Gilles Tran.

The ghost is a MakeHuman model posed with Blender. My small experience with that
explains the stiff pose a bit :( There is an inner ghost, which is scaled down a
small amount along the normals, substracted from the original outer ghost. The
difference is run through the makecloud-macro, resulting in a df3 file used for
an emitting media. Clothing and hair were created with a very small
shell-extrude (Wings 3D) along the normals and converted to df3 like the ghost.
I had to left out the eyes since there is still an artefact there I could not
track down so far.

The scene is inspired by an old pen and paper role playing game I played ages
ago. So it is pure fantasy and not intended for the "Legends"-round at TC-RTC.

Credits: For the fire place I started with the POV-Comp entry by Jussi Kantola,
modified the densities and ended with a version not much more convincing than
the original.

Seems my next project should be about radiosity...

Best regards,
Michael

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: