POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making a DF3 file from a mesh2 object : Re: Making a DF3 file from a mesh2 object Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making a DF3 file from a mesh2 object
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 23 Sep 2013 12:55:00
Message: <web.524071d6f9bc2dc8d670fe1e0@news.povray.org>
> Now, the previous image was based on a df3 generation without focal blur
> (Aperture parameter in Gilles Tran's macro). With a bit of focal bur
> (Aperture 1) you get a more fuzzy image like this.
>
> More transformations can be obtained by the use of warp {turbulence}
> within the density block of the media but be aware that the basic shape
> of the object is soon lost, and that may not be the intention.

Cool!

I'm concerned that the focal blur only blurs the volume along 2 axes.

Also, adding turbulence can result in very slow renders. Sometimes it's possible
to hide a granite pattern in a volume-based pigment_pattern instead... this is
usually faster than using turbulence. Or, you can try to get away with fewer
turbulence octaves... but of course I'm always trying to maximize my PPS :)

Sam