POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A ghost for Halloween : Re: A ghost for Halloween Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:27:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A ghost for Halloween
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 20 Sep 2013 13:40:00
Message: <web.523c88662801fa1fb05a85430@news.povray.org>
> A df3 media ghost of a TV character I liked.
> Bill P.

Creepy!

Just recently I developed a new way to convert any (supported) object into a
volumetric pattern, and it doesn't use df3 files. The idea is to render an
animation of a proximity pattern (each frame = one slice), and then combine all
the frames into a gradient z pigment_pattern in another scene file.

Attached is an example of a mesh (modeled in Sculptris+Blender) converted in
this manner, given a displacement pattern, and rendered as an isosurface. I've
made the process as painless as possible, and will try to post the source later
for anyone who is interested in looking at it.

Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'skullnewsidec-iso5m_46s.jpg' (36 KB)

Preview of image 'skullnewsidec-iso5m_46s.jpg'
skullnewsidec-iso5m_46s.jpg