POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A ghost for Halloween : Re: A ghost for Halloween Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:27:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A ghost for Halloween
From: Stephen
Date: 20 Sep 2013 05:50:00
Message: <web.523c1a2f2801fa1f7d8c6e9c0@news.povray.org>
> On 20-9-2013 4:21, William F Pokorny wrote:
> > A df3 media ghost of a TV character I liked.
> > Bill P.
>
> This gives me the shivers! ;-)
>
> Very nicely done; like Sean, I need to read up on df3 creation. I have
> used them for clouds of course (Gilles Tran) and as proximity pattern
> holders, but those are generated out of my control so to speak. Now
> /this/ is a different story altogether.

A few years ago, I created an animation scene which intersected an object with a

with tga2df3. A bit like a Tomography scan. I used three filters on the

meshes but solid objects are better.
A short animation is posted here:
http://tiny.cc/9qep3w
The object is a cubic Mandelbrot (code posted by Andrew) from an angle that I
never found again.

Stephen