POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Artifacts in scattering media : Re: Artifacts in scattering media Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Artifacts in scattering media
From: jceddy
Date: 18 Sep 2013 11:15:01
Message: <web.5239c34c5cbaed3314aa6840@news.povray.org>
> By default, intervals is 1 and method is 3 in version 3.7. Accordingly,
> samples needs only /one/ parameter, the second one being ignored.
>
> instead of 40, try samples 100 or higher. Render time will not be too
> much influenced.

Thanks for the tip on only specifying one parameter for samples.
I increased it to 400 and still get that artifact, although in general the media
effect looks smoother.  I pushed it up way higher and am doing another test
render, although it is progressing much more slowly.

Incidentally, I ran the same code in v 3.6 just to test and have the same
artifact there.