POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bad Wolf : Re: Bad Wolf Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:31:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad Wolf
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 16 Sep 2013 07:30:00
Message: <web.5236eab11b23139d5b7d07940@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote:
> > I've mislaid my login details, but I'll take a look at this later.
> Thomas will reset it, if you ask nicely. ;-)

No its ok, it's just slightly more effort to do it while I'm at work, I can
easily get in later on :)

[snip]

> I've thought about this and I do not think that you can do it directly in Pov,
> at least in one pass.

Well if you're using a suitable mesh defined externally, it might be possible to
read it into POV-Ray during parsing and do the offset in SDL. But it won't be
foolproof, and probably not always convenient. Better to use a triangle editor
to do the offset.