POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bad Wolf : Re: Bad Wolf Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad Wolf
From: Stephen
Date: 16 Sep 2013 06:35:00
Message: <web.5236de781b23139d7d8c6e9c0@news.povray.org>
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> > No, I've never seen it. I stopped watching Dr. Who by the Sylvester
> > McCoy, incarnation.
>
> You had stopped watching by this incarnation, or this incarnation stopped you
> watching? ;-) An underrated doctor, in my opinion. The show had really started
> to get dark and interesting by the time it was cancelled in '89, some of McCoy's
> final stories were and remain among the show's best ever.

It was the silly question mark suit, that did it for me. Suspension of disbelief
is one thing but the suspension of stupidity is altogether different.

> > I did try to make my model of the Tardis de-materialise but it was not a
> > success. :-(
>
> Hmm, perhaps if I made a mesh shell of it, scaled it along its normals...

That would give a nice aura, I think.
Even if you choose a good angle a perspective camera would still show the far
side.

Just a thought. If you differenced it with a plane normal to the camera. You
might get away with it.

Stephen