POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bad Wolf : Re: Bad Wolf Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:14:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad Wolf
From: MichaelJF
Date: 13 Sep 2013 13:30:01
Message: <web.52334ad51b23139d21b99a9c0@news.povray.org>
> On 13-9-2013 6:09, Stephen wrote:
> > It is very well done.
> > But now that you make me think of it. The police boxes of my youth were
> > made of concrete. It made them harder to burn down.
>
> And me thinking they were made of steel....
>
> > Trivia: David Tennant was my wife's best friend's daughter's Sunday
> > school teacher, at one time.
>
> Oooh... that's a difficult one ;-)
>

> > I did try to make my model of the Tardis de-materialise but it was not a
> > success. :-(
>
> Difficult! Difficult! Bill Pragnell did some interesting things with
> making a poser figure transparent.
>
> Thomas

Stephen has CSG here as he stated in his description how he made his entry. IIRC
Bill scaled the DAZ mesh Aiko 3 down along the normal a very small amount and
filled the difference with a media. I tried the same with my ghosts in my TC
entry May 2012, not as successful as Bill unfortunetally.

With CSG you cannot simply scale it down. For Bill's approach you must really
model an inner object, which can prove hard. I did this with the camera, the
table and the microphone wihtin this "Rose Garden" image and remember the
difficulties quite well enough.

Best regards,
Michael