POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Profile along curve. Yes? : Re: Profile along curve. Yes? Server Time
13 May 2024 18:26:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Profile along curve. Yes?
From: LanuHum
Date: 10 Sep 2013 12:30:00
Message: <web.522f471eb097185d7a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
James Holsenback <nom### [at] nonecom> wrote:

> have a look at
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Tutorial_Section_3#Spline_Based_Shapes
> if you haven't already. that's were i got the idea for creating
> splinelab to help with defining the curve. if by hand is too tedious for
> you look at http://www.povray.org/ under POV-RAY related news ... i
> posted a link there a while ago (lathe and prism utility)

My purpose - creation of asymmetrical objects for Boolean operations using the
Blender-3D tools
Sphere_sweep is available now. It can be used for Boolean operations now.
The while(cycle) also will be available.
But, it would be desirable to operate scale,
to manipulate scale along curve,
constraint scale to curve point radius
Blender have parameter: vertices radius.
I use it in sphere_sweep.
I want to learn: how to use it in a while(cycle)?
Probably, I will divide a cycle(while) into some parts...