POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : ex post facto difference - "negative" objects : Re: ex post facto difference - "negative" objects Server Time
14 May 2024 14:37:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ex post facto difference - "negative" objects
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 28 Aug 2013 09:00:01
Message: <web.521df37e2cb39bb2dd2ebc560@news.povray.org>
EXCELLENT!
Thanks for that link - it helps me solve a perforated mesh problem in another
WIP.

Still having problems understanding my current code error (other than some
errors of haste unrelated to the why-I-haz-no-hole? problem).

I like the systematic progression that demonstrates the cumulative effect of
each CSG operation.  I've noticed that even if you "put a light source in a
closed box" - that the camera can't even see, it has a significant effect on the
render time, since POV-ray has no way of knowing that those camera-light_source
ray paths don't enter the scene.   I wish there were a clever way to fix / solve
/ work-around THAT problem...

"Proximity lights" - that only get rendered when the camera is within a certain
set distance of the light source...