POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Where is the world going? : Re: Where is the world going? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:28:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where is the world going?
From: Fractracer
Date: 27 Aug 2013 05:10:01
Message: <web.521c6c66cafa64a72bdfe3e20@news.povray.org>
> OK, well maybe not the world, just software. (You know, that stuff I
> spend my whole day thinking about.)
>
> Whenever anybody asks me "should I get Windows 7 or Windows 8?", the
> answer is pretty clear. Get Windows 7 if you want to use a PC. Get
> Windows 8 if you're too stupid to operate anything more complicated than
> a washing machine.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with a simplified UI existing. If
> there's a product specifically for people who just want to surf the
> Internet and send a few emails, then that's great! What I object to is
> *me* being forced to use that same product. In my opinion, there should
> be a separate product for people who *are* technically skilled - and
> let's face it, it's not like such people are a minority...
>
> But hey, MS makes a metric tonne of money per hour, why would they even
> care what I think?

I remember win95, a good user interface with DOS - where is DOS now? I have Win7
and I hate it because I can't use my own old programs. But (or install Linux)
there is no way to avoid MS empire. And as you say, MS take all the power of the
PC and consider the user like a child - no big responsabilities for the user, it
is dangerous to modified all that stuff.
Where is (except Linux) the possibility to make your machine, like you want. MS
format the users. It's a fact.