POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aftermath revisited : Re: Aftermath revisited: proof of concept Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:11:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aftermath revisited: proof of concept
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 24 Aug 2013 19:30:01
Message: <web.5219412ecf332d28617f86270@news.povray.org>
> Added a lightning bolt (Tom Melly's macro). Further decreased media
> samples from the sky to 1 (three different media here). Total render
> time of this image: 3 hours.
>
> There is a small bug in the lightning macro which I need to find and try
> to correct, and I need to play with the fade distance of the flash.

That looks great, Thomas; you have managed to portray a scene depicting disaster
and renewal quite effectively. There's a distinct mood you have captured here,
and I for one certainly would not feel safe roaming out in the open until the
weather cleared up a little :)

My eye is inexorably drawn to the craft's texture near the waterline, however.
It seems the wind lapping at the murky water would leave a stain on the hull.

Also, some glare from intense sources of light might be needed. The lightning
bolt, for instance, really needs that special "glow" :) Can you somehow edit the
source so that it uses media?

Sam