POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aftermath revisited : Re: Aftermath revisited Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aftermath revisited
From: MichaelJF
Date: 22 Aug 2013 15:10:01
Message: <web.5216615169bb9fad1d4457c80@news.povray.org>
> This is a much more dramatic version of the scene.
>
> I corrected some illumination errors, added Mick's media clouds instead
> of an image map, re-modelled the skeletons.
>
> The highlights on the grass are not due to any specular, phong or
> reflections. I used Rune Johansen's grasstex macro there and I guess it
> is the pseudo grass which is shown in backlight.
>
> Thomas

More dramatic, but I like it better. There is a bit too much white in the sky
IMO. I suggest to make it even more dramatic adding one of your poles to the
right of the time machine and striking it with a lighting bolt. That should
illuminate Tina better as a side effect. In fact I recogniced the raptor first.

And for the grass issue I have only the idea to use Gill's grass instead of
Rune's trick in the foreground (up to the stem laying across). In the background
Rune's grass can still survive IMO. That will slow down the rendering a bit, but
with your machine it should not prolong it for days. Hm, depends on the
radiosity settings, focal blur and others issues. Than it can prolong it for
days...

Best regards,
Michael