POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aftermath revisited : Re: Aftermath revisited Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aftermath revisited
From: MichaelJF
Date: 19 Aug 2013 15:00:01
Message: <web.52126a0e69bb9faddb6282cf0@news.povray.org>
> Once in a while I work on an older scene. This time it was Aftermath
> from 2010.
>
> http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/imagenewdisplay/stills/index291.html
>
> I wanted to make changes to the time machine and took the opportunity to
> make some changes to the scene too, updating to the latest version of
> POV-Ray at the same time.
>
> Thomas

Your new image is a real improvement to the first. But there are still some
things I don't comprehend. I think you have not used focal blur here since the
foreground seems to be not blurred within the whole image, but the sky has an
overall blurred look. That departs the picture in a way. I think the clouds -
even after a deep impact of a meteroid - should look more like clouds - may be
darker. Hope, I will not see this in RL.

Tina Chep seems to have not expected this scene wearing sun glasses and a belly
top;-)

Best regards,
Michael