POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : vrotate example from p.general : Re: vrotate example from p.general Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:32:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: vrotate example from p.general
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 18 Aug 2013 21:25:04
Message: <web.521173af286ea7962c424ebe0@news.povray.org>
ARrrrrrgh.
I would have thought that VangleD( <0, 0, 0>, <8, 8, 0>) would return 45
degrees.
Instead it returns 90.
VangleD( <8, 0, 0>, <8, 8, 0>) returns 45 degrees.

So, it's not the angle between the "vectors" that it returns, but the angle
formed by the Vector described by the two points, and an axis?

I will pursue defining the details of this function when I'm done working on my
current scene, but G's.... Talk about unintuitive.