POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The other 13,400 pieces (plus 100,000-or-so you may have seen before) : Re: The other 13,400 pieces (plus 100,000-or-so you may have seen before) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:11:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The other 13,400 pieces (plus 100,000-or-so you may have seen before)
From: Shay
Date: 18 Aug 2013 18:30:02
Message: <web.52114a2c57607c6ed3f534640@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> Well you are not alone, I once got 3-3-3.  There is one member, who
> entered the IRTC as well. Often gave those sort of scores to images he
> found displeasing.

Care to give a hint who that member is?

I went back and looked at the scores of the past few rounds to get a good idea
of an average score (for what it's worth, 12-12.5). The worst I saw was a Topic
score of 2 for Iron Lady in the Woman round. I assume this was a political
remark.

Maybe you should give every voter an average of what he gave the other images.
Might slow some of that down. Heck, you might be better off just giving the win
to whoever posts the most comments.

As far as Technical, you're right, I don't understand what TDG does with his
many programs, and most current POVvers don't understand what goes in to
hand-coding.

Quickie image creators want to see quickie-image posts, masochists want to see
other masochists' posts, and either group will find justifications for
dismissing the other. No changing that. I expect a 5 or worse for Topic and
(even after >100 hours of work) wouldn't be surprised to receive the same for
Technical.