POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The other 13,400 pieces (plus 100,000-or-so you may have seen before) : Re: The other 13,400 pieces (plus 100,000-or-so you may have seen before) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The other 13,400 pieces (plus 100,000-or-so you may have seen before)
From: MichaelJF
Date: 15 Aug 2013 15:10:01
Message: <web.520d270157607c6e6c54ff8e0@news.povray.org>
My comment about hitting the topic was more intended as an observation and not
really as criticism.

As for the "golf" topic, my first thought was a car, and not Tiger Woods;-) But
this may be biased being German.

And for the voting. You have only small influence with your work. People does
not ever look at the pictures and try a fair vote. Sometimes they like you,
sometimes they dislike you and vote you down. My lowest voting for my "Ariadnes
Garden" picture was 5,5,5. I didn't missed the topic but I used an image
designed for an earlier round (and admited that), which seems to be an
unforgivable thing to some persons.
In this case I can accept the artistic and concept vote, but not the technical
one, having used occlusion map baking, splines to create the general shape of
the creatian labyrinth and to have the grass down where the ball was moved. And
a lot of other things. More work in this one than in other ones I did. But
technically only 5 for one voter. One has to accept that.

Best regards,
Michael