POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mesh leg bones : Re: Mesh leg bones Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh leg bones
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 12 Aug 2013 21:25:07
Message: <web.52098a22975c0a2f73fc9ebb0@news.povray.org>
> > plane {y, Level*Slice  }
> > plane {y, (Level+1)*Slice inverse}

> If you want all your slices to have the same thickness, you should add
> the +1 after the multiplication.
>
> plane {y, (Level*Slice)+1 inverse}
>
> Otherwise, Slice=0 will be zero thickness, Slice=1 be 1 unit thick,
> Slice=2 be 2 units thick...

The way I read an interpret my code is that I work from 0 to 100.
0 (Level) * Slice (thickness) = 0
(Level+1)= 0+1 = 1 * Slice = Slice thickness

Next is 1 and 2, 2 and 3, etc.
But then I've been known to have my brain convolute in upon itself like a
Gordian knot..

What you propose seems to me to actually produce the zero-thickness slices
you're warning about.  But I will try it.

What makes me think my code is ok, is that when I ran some "wrong" code that
DIDN'T use the plane intersection the way I thought, I got a nice blue and green
bone with the layers stacked in the y direction.  So clearly I was getting SOME
kind of actual thickness...  So much unraveling to do.