POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mesh leg bones : Re: Mesh leg bones Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh leg bones
From: MichaelJF
Date: 8 Aug 2013 14:35:00
Message: <web.5203e3f2975c0a2fbe3217ba0@news.povray.org>
I think that the one or other user here will not really comprehend the medical
terminology. I for myself am not a medic but made an examn and worked as a male
nurse for some 15 years. But this is 17 years to the past now and I must admit I
have forgotten a lot. But not all;-) Now I'm a stastitician within the German
health insurances and working more in the fields of health economics and/or
epidemiology.

I think you are trying to model something like this (to have a picture to users
not familiar with medical terms):
http://149.203.233.103/storage/documents/20090221182358993/MIRCdocument.xml

I'm not quiet sure if an approach with csg operations is the best here. IMO you
should use a mesh editor to achieve your goal. E.g. after you have modeled the
fractur lines you must stamp out the medullary cavity.

Wings cannot handle csg like operations (or I'm to stupid to find them after
using it for some years, which is possible), Blender has an boolean operator
which can handle unions, differences and intersections of meshes. But I'm not
familiar with Blender enough to give you more hints. But it really seems that a
steep climb is worth the effort. I will go for it within the next months.

Best regards,
Michael