POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Worthy of a Portrait : Re: Worthy of a Portrait Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:27:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worthy of a Portrait
From: Mr
Date: 8 Aug 2013 08:10:00
Message: <web.520387d5733ff219ed29e82f0@news.povray.org>
> Subsurface scattering would probably not be necessary for a human
> character, but being a half-elf I might want her skin to have some
> surrealistic translucency, so I'll give that a try.

Are you kidding?
To me, skin is the only thing that really *needs* subsurface scattering,
especially on the face, which is one of the targets the human eye has been most
used and adjusted to scrutinize on earth under various lighting conditions.
Very nice procedural iris, considering it is an even more demanding challenge in
that respect. Do you mind if I use this Iris texture for the sample texture on
the blender to POV  exporter WIKI? or if I have to adapt it as a basis for that.

Faster SSS would be more than awsome, actually a grail for attracting animation
focused users along with motion blur.