POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mesh leg bones : Re: Mesh leg bones Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:33:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh leg bones
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 7 Aug 2013 17:35:00
Message: <web.5202bd78975c0a2f45338b700@news.povray.org>
> I think most things here can be done within Blender alone,
> but I'm not familiar enough with Blender since it is really hard to learn.

Yeah.  It looks VERY powerful, but at the expense of a steep learning curve and
grappling with 10 million buttons.  :)

> What have in your mind? Fractures are as indivual as the forces are causing
> them.

Spiral fracture of the right tibia, distal to the tibial diaphysis, right mid-
to distal spiral fracture extending distally to 2-3cm proximal to growth plate,
10% posterior displacement of the distal fragment.

Medical papers suggest this is highly reproducible.

It's probably only the actual tibial fracture that needs to me modeled with any
degree of realism and precision.  The rest of the anatomy and movement are just
sort of along for the ride, to give some perspective.
I only want to _model_ musculature, not necessarily graphically illustrate it in
an artistically realistic fashion.  The idea is simply to show that while
external forces are being applied, a voluntary contraction or involuntary reflex
will cause a torsional force to the tibia as well.

Perhaps Rune, Friederich Lohmueller, Sascha Ledinsky, Christoph Hormann, Andrel,
or John VanSickle may have some positive suggestions for me.  They all appear to
have done impressive work in related areas of modeling.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'torsion_500.jpg' (30 KB)

Preview of image 'torsion_500.jpg'