POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : EoG: Pyroclastic flow : Re: EoG: Pyroclastic flow Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:31:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: EoG: Pyroclastic flow
From: MichaelJF
Date: 4 Aug 2013 15:50:01
Message: <web.51feaf83ccdc4741ca4b908d0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> A cross between Monet, Hockney and Florentijn Hofman. :-)
>
> Well composed and executed. But I hope that the pond is nowhere near
> your volcano. ;-)

If the pond is to the south east, it is safe. None of my five simulations run
into this direction. But one shall not trust them in RL.

The pool was by Gill Tran. My vulcano is still running since I decided to start
over again. Seems I mixed up some things working on more than one machine. But
first results yield old problems. It is running now with +wt6 to give me some
performance for other issues. At the moment I'm at a day rendering time with
that.

Fortunatelly the ducks are rendering faster. And I changed the one or other
thing here. First I removed Gills Water and replaced it by an own water
isosurface I created after the advices of Chris Hormanns water tutorial I read
some years ago.

Second I switched to a HDRI lighting using Jaimes patio.hdr.

Third I replaced Gill's rubber ducks by my own, but at the moment I still use
Gill's textures for them. An afternoon with Wings...

This will be the last WIP of this interim image. I only will think a bit about
the textures of the little beasts and add some focal blur for the final.

May be I will have one of them wearing sun glasses.

But this one was a lot fun.

Best regards,
Michael

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rubberducks20130804b.png' (1103 KB)

Preview of image 'rubberducks20130804b.png'
rubberducks20130804b.png