POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : vector math / transforms : vector math / transforms Server Time
14 May 2024 19:37:46 EDT (-0400)
  vector math / transforms
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 3 Aug 2013 15:10:00
Message: <web.51fd546da1a2cc4473fc9ebb0@news.povray.org>
I want to scale a vector.
What is the directive and syntax to do this?
Say, "squash" vector <-1, -1, 0> so it's <-1, 0.5, 0>
I'd like to operate on the whole vector, rather than do something like
<vector.x/2, vector.y, vector.z> "by hand"

I see the transforms.inc, but I don't know how to implement it, especially since
some of the macros are nested.

I'd also like to understand the "native" functions used there.