POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : text directive + vstr =3D garbled : Re: text directive + vstr =3D3D3D3D garbled Server Time
26 Apr 2024 10:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: text directive + vstr =3D3D3D3D garbled
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 3 Aug 2013 13:10:01
Message: <web.51fd390f6f32f5b73fc9ebb0@news.povray.org>
> > I don't know WHERE or exactly how to define my font directory, and
> > of course Windows has spaces in the path for my fonts - how do I include those?)

More explicitly - what file do I alter to have the library path include that
directory?

> I very much doubt that; strings are strings, whether from literals or
> generated by string functions. I suggest you post your code.

I obliterated the original code, but something new I'm working on has PART of
the same problem.  I can now see that vstr is not the problem - it's how I'm
placing the text with translate (and possibly rotate) in the original.

Nothing like simple Cartesian coordinates to make me feel like a simpleton.

text {ttf "arial.ttf", concat("(",vstr(3, Center2, ",", 0, 0),")"), 0.1, 0 scale
0.2 translate (x*X2)+0.2 pigment { color Green}}