POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Unknown pixelation at high quality. : Re: Unknown pixelation at high quality. Server Time
29 Apr 2024 12:04:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unknown pixelation at high quality.
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 2 Aug 2013 06:40:01
Message: <web.51fb8bd6f1a430a373fc9ebb0@news.povray.org>
you don't need to have a full life cycle of the belt completing
> a full revolution.

That's pretty much the way I have it.  Though I had to _move_ the odd-colored
cone around a full revolution in order to get that sense of motion.  That took
some figuring.  The Belt moves around several times, but the counterweights on
the cranksshaft have to make a full 360-degree revolution.

> It would be good but no shortcuts I think.
I can probably just add a modifier to the belt motion to have it bounce up and
down a little during the movement.

> > Is there a reason to use png vs bmp for animation?
>
> File size.

Computers do have a [delete] function.  ;D
Or you could just burn them off to DVD.

Does the bmp vs png source affect the final video size, or it its own
independent format?