POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : next feature, please... : Re: next feature, please... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: next feature, please...
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 1 Aug 2013 18:15:01
Message: <web.51fadc14d6d33074328783aa0@news.povray.org>
> I guess this image doesn't need too much explanation. Another feature to
> be included in that branch of mine.

yes, please.

I can see a number of uses for the ability to parse plain-text in povray,
beginning with a procedural texture for rendering text to monitors on computers,
which would free you of the burden of making a properly formatted and scaled
image map, and allow greater freedom with the screen texture.

what I'd like to see is the ability to specify an optional delimiter in read(),
but I suppose you could always just read in a line and break it on your own
criteria later.

What's the word on the new SDL?  Or will there be one?

Regards,

A.D.B.