POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Postcard from the Permian [wip 01] : Re: Postcard from the Permian [wip 03] Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Postcard from the Permian [wip 03]
From: Stephen
Date: 31 Jul 2013 10:15:01
Message: <web.51f91b1722ed97a37d8c6e9c0@news.povray.org>
> On 30-7-2013 21:14, Stephen wrote:
> > On 30/07/2013 7:54 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> >> Indeed Michael, this /is/ a Komodo dragon :-)
> >
> > I have only seen a Komodo dragon once and this one looks too happy. o_O
> >
> >  From what I was told by its keeper. They are really bad tempered and
> > show it. Yours looks quite amicable. :-)
>
> ROFL You made my day Stephen. But why deny happiness to those poor
> creatures? ;-)

Maybe it is saying to the other,

> This makes me think about how we humans unconsciously (and erroneously)
> project on animals our own attitudes. The /smiling/ chimp is a good example.

How true, although animals can have emotions similar to ours.
About the same time that I saw the Komodo dragon (I was working in a zoo). I was
with a keeper who was feeding Fairy Penguins. I said that they looked
affectionate but she told me that it was just greed. Wallabies exhibited similar
behavior, they would let people stroke them hoping for food.

Stephen