POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Postcard from the Permian [wip 01] : Re: Postcard from the Permian [wip 03] Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Postcard from the Permian [wip 03]
From: MichaelJF
Date: 29 Jul 2013 15:35:01
Message: <web.51f6c36f22ed97a3d5df0f110@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> > OK. This is what I want it to be.
>
> Much better!

Indeed!

> Although the right animal's left forefoot still looks like it's floating; it
> doesn't show enough ambient occlusion.  This suggests to me, "error_bound is too
> high."  Lowering it would add to the render time, but without the high
> turbulence on the sand, you might be able to forgo the radiosity normal on.

I cannot see that it's floating, but may be I'm just to blind for that having
only 50% eyesight. The problem may be the belly indeed. Smaller lizzards are
dragging it over the ground but your ones are more comparable to komodo dragons
which did not (all the time). So I think we should stop nitpicking and simply
admire Thomas's wonderful work.

Best regards,
Michael