POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Postcard from the Permian [wip 01] : Re: Postcard from the Permian [wip 02] Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:29:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Postcard from the Permian [wip 02]
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 28 Jul 2013 13:45:01
Message: <web.51f557b63bf6a6e2540235480@news.povray.org>
> What about this?

The tetrapods are easier to see with the new skin colors.

The sand looks a bit too turbulent, but is otherwise an improvement over the
straight corrugation of the first draft.  Also, the form of the sand abruptly
almost disappears in the shadow areas, and the animal on the right looks like
it's floating.  Did you raise the radiosity error_bound for this draft?

> I have some doubts about the quartz grains I added...

They don't seem to scale with distance from the camera.