POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Postcard from the Permian [wip 01] : Re: Postcard from the Permian [wip 01] Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:33:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Postcard from the Permian [wip 01]
From: MichaelJF
Date: 27 Jul 2013 13:30:02
Message: <web.51f4032c10dbf52140c90380@news.povray.org>
> If you have been following carefully my image naming, you will have
> noticed one missing between numbers 1 and 6 ;-)
>
> Elements of Geology 4 is about the Permian and the scene is situated in
> a desert in the middle of supercontinent Pangea, south of the 'Central
> Pangean Mountains' (alleghenian orogeny). It consists of isosurfaces and
> Poser animals.
>
> In this image a couple of issues remain: an artefact in the sand
> isosurface, and one concerning radiosity on the shadow boundary between
> the rock and the sand isosurfaces. Otherwise, the scene building part is
> finished.
>
> Thomas

Another fine one from you. Yes the sand needs some additional work. I propose to
change the skin of the lizards slightly to contrast them more from the rocks.
Not much, but may be a little bit more to green or orange or both.

Are you trying to best Normand with the image count this round?

Best regards,
Michael