POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CSG Challenge : Re: CSG Challenge Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG Challenge
From: MichaelJF
Date: 24 Jul 2013 14:00:01
Message: <web.51f0151d3a6d0c047d40b13d0@news.povray.org>
> Am 24.07.2013 16:19, schrieb Cousin Ricky:
> > "Shay" <non### [at] nonecom> wrote:
> >> If you think you've got it figured out, try it. $50 to the POV-Ray wishlist
> >> (presuming this still exists) if anyone else can get it.
> >
> > I can visualize the parts that need to fit together.  The hard part will be the
> > non-Euclidian math needed to make them match up.
>
> Indeed!

No, no non-Euclidian math is needed here. One can solve the puzzle only with
Euclid and Pythagoras but one has to think in polar coordinates instead of
Euclidian ones and heavily use rotate. I really liked this Little challenge
since I was a Little bit bored looking at Smoking mountains and needed a break.
But unfortunatelly I have not the time to accomplish the full Picture.

Best regards,
Michael