POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MSOCP : Re: MSOCP Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:27:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MSOCP
From: Mr
Date: 24 Jul 2013 07:55:01
Message: <web.51efc0039b3b97d0ed29e82f0@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> >> As you need to use version 3.7 or above, you no longer need to use some
> >> old tricks.
> >>
> >> You can remove this:
> >> ambient_light 0
> >> as the ambient component of finishes are now totaly turned off in any
> >> radiosity scene.
> >
> > Thanks, was not aware of this.
> >
> >> To me, this:
> >> nearest_count 10+(radQuality) 10+(radQuality/2)
> >> looks mostly overkill.
> >> You probably can use this instead and get faster renders:
> >> nearest_count 10+(radQuality) 5
> >>
> >> Snow is more translucent in the red than in the blue.
> >
> > Thanks again, any ideas on the correct ratio/values for this?
> >
> > Sean
> >

> Not sure, but light transmited through snow tend to take a pinkish tint.
> Your value is: translucency <2.95,3.0,3.1>
> I think that something like <2.98, 2.97, 2.94> may be more correct.

Thanks to both of you Sean and Alain, I just launched a render with settings
adapted for Blender (for using with mesh intead of isosurface and under any view
angle, I used the texturemap inside an aoi pattern rather than gradient). I'll
probably have to change the scales as well after this first attempt completes.