POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : EoG: Pyroclastic flow : Re: EoG: Pyroclastic flow Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:26:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: EoG: Pyroclastic flow
From: MichaelJF
Date: 21 Jul 2013 16:40:01
Message: <web.51ec4690ccdc4741479e14600@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> That is the fun bit, experimenting. :-)
> If your media containers are the same size you can combine them into one
> interior. I have done this to get colour by using red, green and blue
> df3 files. Well three df3 files each with a different emission.
> This might speed up the render if it is suitable to your scene.

Hi Stephen, yes this is exactly what I'm doing. I placed invisible little
spheres at the corners of the bounding box of the whole object to assure that
the parts are adjusted.

> > Take a look at this:
> > http://www.maniacworld.com/erupting-volcano.htm
> >

> A sight indeed. To be enjoyed at a distance.

Yes indeed distance is needed. They speed up to 700 km/h and have temperatures
of 300 up 800 degrees Celsius. But still impressive.

> >> google have lots of white in them. But that is, I think, being very
> >> critical.
> >
> > I don't think it very critical. I plan to work a little bit on the colors and
> > the densities. May be I
> > change the grouping of the clouds.
> >

> We await with interest.

This will take the one or other day due to the rendering times. I have reviewed
the two lower levels now. Not completely satisfying but the best compromiss I
can yield so far. Sometimes a change of 0.01 for the scattering color changes
the image completely having this strange density maps. I'm not quite sure to
repair the density of the upper "cloud", may be I change the color to be more
white. But as Thomas said the lighter parts are blown up into the air and they
must be more easily be influenced by the wind, which is blowing here from right
to left, especially at greater altitudes.

Best regards,
Michael