POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : EoG: Pyroclastic flow : Re: EoG: Pyroclastic flow Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:33:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: EoG: Pyroclastic flow
From: MichaelJF
Date: 18 Jul 2013 02:15:04
Message: <web.51e7877dccdc47412958768b0@news.povray.org>
"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:
> "MichaelJF" <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I hesitated a while to give you this image, since it is far away from being
> > finished.
>
> This is a great start though, the smoke/flow looks pretty good could maybe be a
> bit more dense and more samples added (but I guess this is just a test render so
> you would be doing this).

Thank you Sean,

yes indeed I will work a little bit about the densities. First I had the lower
media completely invisible.
Then I found the following trick with quiet insane settings, but worked:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.4ad45c1d4c643aec1524ae1d0@news.povray.org%3E/

> It is a tough one with what to put in, my initial thought was a lake would be
> good but tough to fit into that terrain.

That's the problem. But I will first try to find another location for the camera
having my ground flows repaired.

Best regards,
Michael