POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lost my hammer... : Re: Lost my hammer... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lost my hammer...
From: MichaelJF
Date: 16 Jul 2013 14:55:00
Message: <web.51e596948f6f3a8e91956d850@news.povray.org>
> On 16-7-2013 16:13, Stephen wrote:
> > Yes, your preference would be easier to model. My romantic image is of an onion
> > type with or without a bullwhip. ;-)
>
> <grin> Those were hell to carry. Pulling you shoulder out of joint.
>

> > Very important IMO, not to have the straps looking as if they are made of wood.
>
> Absolutely.
>

> Quick & Dirty: a first /portrait/ of my hammer.
>

> Thomas

Even this one is nice. The picture is a little bit small to really judge it. I
think the rust stains are a little bit to sharp. And for the backpack in the
original scene, why bother about the straps? The guy is only seen from behind.
If you will not reuse him with other pictures just put the backpack believable
at his back and forget about the cloth room.

Best regards,
Michael